• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Corsair double barrel .36 Cal Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ss_impala_396

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I have a corsair double barrel pistol i am wanting more information on. It is marked made in italy on the barrel the sight is like a bead on a shotgun the barrels are about 6 inches long. I would like to know when they were made the original price and todays value thanks for any help.

They are pretty marginal pieces from what I have read. Used to see alot of them being sold on auction sights for little $$. Have no personal experience with them.

I have one laying here in front of me. I bought it for $15 from a friend who had a booth near mine in an indoor flea market about 15 years ago. He had asked me to look at it and I put the ramrod in it and told him that thought it might be loaded so he decided to get rid of it. It turned out to have very deep patent breeches, almost an inch deep. This one is marked "CORSAIR - JAGER - ITALY" on the left barrel and has proof marks and a serial # on the right. It is marked .44 cal. on the right barrel and a .455 ball will not quite enter the bore. I do not recall there being any choice of caliber when these were on the market. The rifling in the thin barrels is so shallow that it is difficult to see. The right lock has a decent trigger and the left is a little too stiff. Both locks will fall off half cock with about a 2 pound pull but they do bust caps from full cock.
If I remember these were about a $40 item in the 80s and earlier and today's value would be pretty low. They aren't an accurate copy of anything and not of very high quality but do represent a close range defensive pistol. I would look to milk jugs at 10 yards for a target though I knew someone who swore his was very accurate. It has great ballance, points well and holds rock steady and should be a lot of fun to shoot but anything that makes smoke, smells (a skunk on fire?) and sends a projectile down range in a semi controled manner is FUN in my book. Stand and deliver!

Back