• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Confederate Revolvers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never owned a slave, yes I’m sure there were lots of people who wanted to secede over slavery. Yes northern states had slaves also. Yes most people fighting did not own slaves. I do believe that legally the south had the right to,secede. I also believe the North had the right to try to stop them. That war is over. There was fault on both sides. I’m from MS and served in the US Army. We are the United States today.

I like all guns..mostly. I really need to work on my collection. You have inspired me.

Last edited:
News flash...the war between the states ended nearly 160 years ago. Why are we even discussing it?
From one Captain to another. I think we are discussing for multiple reasons.
It was the most tumultuous time in our country history.
More boys, yes boys were killed in it than all our other wars combined.
Those who forget history are bound to repeat it < i cant claim that line.
This whole website focuses on that time period. Guns, lifestyle, reenactment, when men were men and women weren’t allowed in bars (now that was the good times).
What else we got to discuss? Trump/Biden? Thats a useless argument.

What? Women weren't allowed in bars.

Attachments

• 17126050363393222969422350678048.jpg
    17126050363393222969422350678048.jpg
    1,019.9 KB · Views: 0
From one Captain to another. I think we are discussing for multiple reasons.
It was the most tumultuous time in our country history.
More boys, yes boys were killed in it than all our other wars combined.
Those who forget history are bound to repeat it < i cant claim that line.
This whole website focuses on that time period. Guns, lifestyle, reenactment, when men were men and women weren’t allowed in bars (now that was the good times).
What else we got to discuss? Trump/Biden? Thats a useless argument.
The major issue with with the topic is it always seems to end up in a barroom brawl that gets many a good thread shut down, and many a good member given the old heave-ho. Just sayin'.

The major issue with with the topic is it always seems to end up in a barroom brawl that gets many a good thread shut down, and many a good member given the old heave-ho. Just sayin'.
Hey, I get your point. Hopefully, we can talk history not politics. 2 different things.

It was also the first flag of the confederate state Louisiana
The Bonnie Blue flag was a "Lone Star" flag. The single star stood for independence. It probably wasn't this exact flag but Texas had their version when we won our Independence from Mexico. Texas developed their own "Lone Star" later.

I only have one Rebel revolver, a Griswold and Gunnison made by High Standard . One GG grandfather's family didn't own slaves because of religious reasons, so I guess he enlisted just because he didn't like Yankees :thumb:
I have a High Standard Schneider and Glassick. I was curious if yours is marked Griswold and Gunnison on the barrel. I have been looking for one for a while.

Back