• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Confederate Revolvers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are here to admire an educational display of Confederate revolvers. We had a long thread concerning the Civil War a while back and I'm hoping we dont descend into another. Everything was "slavery, slavery, slavery..." Hard to believe that I'm the one bringing it up! But I will add that I am of German, Czech, and Polish decent with only the Poles arriving in time to partake in the war. They were poor dirt farmers. Non of my ancestors had anything to do with slavery, in fact they were very much against it. Over 90% of the southerners owned no slaves. But they enlisted because they felt they were being invaded. It's really quite simple, had the "blue army" not come south there would have been no war. Maybe I'm oversimplifying but how complicated is that?

Last edited:
We are here to admire an educational display of Confederate revolvers. We had a long thread concerning the Civil War a while back and I'm hoping we dont descend into another. Everything was "slavery, slavery, slavery..." Hard to believe that I'm the one bringing it up! But I will add that I am of German, Czech, and Polish decent with only the Poles arriving in time to partake in the war. They were poor dirt farmers. Non of my ancestors had anything to do with slavery, in fact they were very much against it. Over 90% of the southerners owned no slaves. But they enlisted because they felt they were being invaded. It's really quite simple, had the "blue army" not come south there would have been no war. Maybe I'm oversimplifying but how complicated is that?
I agree with that.

We were not going there but you done it.
Yes it absolutly was about slavery 100%. The rich Southerns told all the poor white southerners that if there is no slavery all them blacks are coming for your farms, your jobs and your wimmen. Thats the way they always recruit armies. lies and fear mongering . Nothings changed in that dept when they want a war. Read the articles of secession. For every single state that seceded you will see that the main reason in every instance was Slavery. It is what it is and trying to spin differently just ain't right. The south seceded and the south fired on fort Sumpter so saying there would have been no war if the Blue coats hadn't come south is complete hogwash.

...For every single state that seceded you will see that the main reason in every instance was Slavery. It is what it is and trying to spin differently just ain't right. The south seceded and the south fired on fort Sumpter so saying there would have been no war if the Blue coats hadn't come south is complete hogwash.
That right there. No two ways about it. The South started "the War of Yankee Aggression", a term historical revisionists coined long after the war. This shits getting old; the war has been over for a long time, the right side won, and we are still one country. Move on...

That pesky little business about bombing a union fort into rubble. that usualy gets things going pretty good. That and tearing the union apart , Oh that other little thing, a couple of million people in chains. Not right then but eventually that would also have boiled over. If thats the stuff you want to make a stand for you do you.

Here is a picture of my meager collection of reproduction Confederate brass-framed revolvers:

20240328_160251.jpg

Yes it absolutly was about slavery 100%. The rich Southerns told all the poor white southerners that if there is no slavery all them blacks are coming for your farms, your jobs and your wimmen. Thats the way they always recruit armies. lies and fear mongering . Nothings changed in that dept when they want a war. Read the articles of secession. For every single state that seceded you will see that the main reason in every instance was Slavery. It is what it is and trying to spin differently just ain't right. The south seceded and the south fired on fort Sumpter so saying there would have been no war if the Blue coats hadn't come south is complete hogwash.
Daughters of the Confederacy spent almost a century pushing the lost cause nonsense in our schools. Quite a few guys on here are old enough to have learned Neo-Confederate history in school and it's nearly impossible to undo that damage. I'm only 52 and I was exposed to it in the 80s, so I have no doubt that a lot of the older folks here got sucked into it. I understand why they believe lies, but this is 2024, everyone can read the Cornerstone Speech for themselves. If that doesn't wake them up to the fact they were lied to in school then I just ignore them. Life is too short to deal with people that refuse to learn.

Was asked by a member to post my Confederate collection. These didn't come already in the form they are in. I had to find the parts and assembled them. All except the Spiller and Burr and the Dennix Lemat. The Pietta Lemat I had was out of time and it chain fired twice on me. I got rid of it and have not replaced it because of the cost.
So here is what I have right now.
It's a beautiful collection, and I'm probably the most liberal guy on the forum and the display doesn't bother me. :)

I bought a couple Spiller kits, haven’t begun the finishing process yet but they are pretty nice as they are except for the as cast frames they could be used just as they are. Timing is excellent, nice blue on the cylinder but I’m gonna strip that off, file milling marks out of the barrels. I hope to find some appropriate size/style font stamps to apply the surcharge to the frame as well. Anxious to get started on them.

Love the Spiller but wish someone would start manufacturing the Whitney again. I like it too.

Daughters of the Confederacy spent almost a century pushing the lost cause nonsense in our schools. Quite a few guys on here are old enough to have learned Neo-Confederate history in school and it's nearly impossible to undo that damage. I'm only 52 and I was exposed to it in the 80s, so I have no doubt that a lot of the older folks here got sucked into it. I understand why they believe lies, but this is 2024, everyone can read the Cornerstone Speech for themselves. If that doesn't wake them up to the fact they were lied to in school then I just ignore them. Life is too short to deal with people that refuse to learn.
Wait...there are two CaptainKirks on the forum? That's just wrong.

As a Yankee I really feel sorry for the southern guys. I truly do. Even Lee wrote after the war, if they could win enough battles in first 6 months to get the North to let them go, but after 6 months they had no chance. The north had way too much industry, railroads, personnel. After 6 months Lee knew they were going through the motions.
Especially in the last 2 years, the Confederate guys were cannon fodder.
Dam waste of young people.
Wars suck, and point less.
Im sure the souls of the 58k dead guys in Vietnam are thrilled that we are buddies with Vietnam today. Died for NOTHING.

This is about the most informed explaination I’ve ever read. You need to start reading actual history. You do know the north had slaves too?
I have family that fought for the south and never had slaves.
Anyway back to guns.

KH you are the one who needs to read history. BTW you don't get to fire your bow shot and then expect no return fire just because you say lets get back to guns now. I am actually very well read in the history dept. please start with reading the articles of secession from Virginia, South and North Carolina, Mississippi etc and then get back to us on how it was not about slavery. The war was absolutely started by the rich land/slave owners in the south to protect their interests. The fact that they got the poor non slave holding whites to fight the war for them is just SOP for those kinds of people. fear mongering and lies and patriotism. Good stuff. The poor whites were terrified of what the socio economic impact of 3.9 million newly freed slaves would have on their lives and the slave owners fueled that fire and fear. Additionally most young men at the time wanted the glory of war. They were easy prey at the beginning of the war. once a few hundred thousand had been killed it was a different story and conscription was the name of the game on both sides.

Back