• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colorado State Muzzle Loading Association.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackhorse

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Attended the CSMLA 2024 Winter convention yesterday. Good event. Lots of good people that I shoot with were there. Listened to a couple of classes. Bought a great mountain man shirt. Only thing is, the convention got a whole lot smaller in the 20 years I have attended. Muzzleloading is the shooting sport I most enjoy. I'd like to see younger people get involved.

Much to often these events aren’t known to the general public. We fail to let the outside learn about them by not posting flyers at public places. When we tell fellow old participants about events that are over we miss the opportunity to share our sport with individuals that may take an interest. Perhaps we need to figure out how to introduce this sport to those younger people.

Where we live in the Colorado Springs area it's just a real pain to get there with the current Denver area traffic.
I wasn't really talking about the lack of people at the Convention I was more talking about the dwindling participants in the sports. Although I am sure there are plenty of BP shooters that do not belong to the CSMLA

I wasn't really talking about the lack of people at the Convention I was more talking about the dwindling participants in the sports. Although I am sure there are plenty of BP shooters that do not belong to the CSMLA
I understand, what I’m trying to say is this is common everywhere in any state. I’ve introduced people to the sport over the years, most didn’t remain other than occasional hunting or plinking. But a few are still active. Us old guys are not what will keep the sport going unless we open the doors for people that aren’t even aware of the opportunity.
I haven’t joined the CSMLA and don’t belong to a club although I go to a few matches and events every year. I encourage anyone that shows the slightest interest and urge them by offering time and resources to give it a try.

Back