• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Collectors Firearms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you ever find yourself in Houston, Texas, then make your way to Collectors Firearms on the west side of town near the Galleria! They have in stock literally hundreds of original vintage muzzleloading firearms, including wheelocks, flintlocks, caplocks, cap-and-ball percussion revolvers, etc. I spent more than 3 hours in there yesterday afternoon and took hundreds of photos, but those photos don't even do it justice. I'm going back now for a few more hours!

https://www.collectorsfirearms.com/

Last edited:
I was there about four years ago with a friend who lives in Huston!! He said while I was in town there was one stop I wasn’t allowed to miss!! Me with a original Gatling gun!! I’m not sure what the other gun is! Maybe someone can chime in! Definitely we’re stopping for!
2DD72D60-5485-497A-B782-B8E4BAE9CB38.jpeg
65329840-F8E6-4A8A-9AF8-F6E346C2DBC0.jpeg

It's a museum with the displays for sale.
Of course, they're priced like museum objects, but it's a great place to spend 2 hours of your lunch hour!
I go every so often just for fun. I've bought a few things from them, and another special something in the parking lot from an old man, but it's probably hot, so I hesitate to share it.
It's also kind of scary, if you watch the young men buying pistols and holding them sideways.
All I can do is buy more guns for myself!

How did they do with the Houston flooding a couple years ago?
Any of their guns get wet?

How did they do with the Houston flooding a couple years ago?
Any of their guns get wet?
Not that I know of.
The Houston area is fairly flat, but if slightly higher land is between you and a bayou or drainage ditch, you might not get flooded. CF is to the west of downtown by several miles, while most bayous converge near downtown. The water drains into Buffalo Bayou, and it can't handle that much water at one time, so a flood results.

I just called CF, and the 2 guys I spoke with were kind of confused, or something (What, are you new?), so I can't be sure, but I don't think they were ever flooded.

Fifteen or more years back I was on the road for work. Found this place and it is really something.

It was beyond my expectations to see a pair of Richards-Mason conversions in addition to a smallish countertop glass case dedicated to hold the three or four Remington rimfire derringers they happened to have on hand.

Wow.

Back