• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cold weather brute!!! Pics to follow.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it any wonder he didn't react after you shot him? He didn't feel that comparatively tiny .45. I woulda shot him just to keep him from chasing me outta the woods and eating me and my car!!!

Nice.

Skychief said:
I let him and it scored 152 and 4/8" as a main frame 8. All in attendance agreed that it's a whopper.

That is a whopper, whether you care about the score or not. Congrats! :thumbsup:

Still trying to get a 150 plus incher with the ML to grace the living room wall.

That sir is possibly the finest whitetail I have seen on this forum. COngratulations to you, now I am hankering for a good whitetail like that one. :thumbsup:

Skychief,
I heard all the way in PA there's an APB out your way on some guy running around with a .45 cal. Seneca rifle because he shot the local farmer's prize ox mistakenly for a deer!!!! Any truth to that rumor I just started?????

WOW! WHAT A MUZZLELOADER BUCK!!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh my goodness what a monster. RACK and BODY are giant! Way to go my outdoor brother from another mother!!

:hatsoff:
Wess

Beautiful buck. I bet he's 5 1/2 years old. What a nice, mature whitetail. Congratulations on a wonderful hunt and thanks for sharing!

i guess that blows all the "experts" wisdom that a 45 cal. prb is to small to use on a large deer.:blah: nice buck!

Skychief said:
It's the second buck I've taken with a 45 roundball.

The first, another mature buck went about 20 yards before expiring.

Thinking back, this is the third buck I've taken with the 45 patched round ball.

There have been as many does as well.

All have been quick kills and no different than those I've made with a 50 caliber over 20+ years in regards to how far a deer travels after the shot.

Adding this as I have been reading a lot of threads (here and elsewhere) questioning the 45 caliber's ability in the deer woods.

It's worked well for me.

Best regards, Skychief.

Yep...put it in the bellows and they deflate real quick! Congratulations!
:hatsoff:

Congradulations on a that beautiful buck! I really enjoyed the pics too! I am already thinking about next season! So,....this seems to answer my concerns about the 45 cal I just got into the ML over Christmas with a gift from my dad of a 45 cal T\C Hawkens from his collection. I wasn't sure if the prb would be ok on our big Upper Peninsula bucks! Guess this is proof I shouldn't worry about that so long as the shot is in reasonable range and I practice through the year. I have been hunting hunting with the longbow and wool traditional clothing/equipment for over 30 years..this looks like the same principles will be used in the black powder passion! I like that...anything that requires skill, (equipment, shooting, and hunting prowess) is my cup of tea!

Back