• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cimarron percussion revolvers markings

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Could anyone with a Cimarron 1851 Navy .describe or post pictures of the markings on the barrel. I'm specifically interested in knowing if they have the same black powder warning as do the Pietta revolvers, or if they have the placement of Cimarron markings on the top barrel flat like those on the original Colt revolvers.

Pardon me if this has been previously discussed, but I couldn't find any such posts.

Well, I've got 2 '60's made in 2018 ( CT ). The barrel address on the top says to "Address Cimarron Firearms Fredericksburg, TX . . . ". The underside of the barrel has the caliber and warning. The date code, proof and all other markings are on the bottom of the frame, forward of the trigger guard. So, they are "clean".

I have 2 '51's made in 2013 ( CL ) and all is the same except the date code is on the rt. side of the frame.

That tells me all the newer examples are the "cleanest"!.

Hope this helps.

Mike

For what it's worth, I have two Uberti Whitneyville Dragoons. One is from 2008 (CC) and has a couple of stamps on the rt. side of the barrel with the cal. and warning on the underside. The other is from 2016 (CP). It has no marks on the sides of the barrel- all on the underside. The date and all other marks are on the bottom of the frame, forward of the trigger guard.
Also, a 1st Mod Dragoon made 2011 (CH) with rt side barrel marks ( like the older Whitney) but all the marks and date code are bottom of the frame, forward of the trigger guard.

So, there's a progression over the years of Uberti "hiding" the stampings so . . . for Cimarron, all that's needed today is for the barrel address stamping on top!

My Pietta made Frontier Cimarron has the top of the barrel address, Frontier 45 Colt on left side of barrel, warnings on the bottom. The date and the rest are on the bottom of the frame, forward of the trigger guard.

Mike

More good info. I’ve seen the Frontier marking on a friends Cimarron SAA made by Pietta and wondered if the same pattern was used on the Cimarron percussion revolvers.

That brings up a question: Within a particular model, say ‘51 Navy or ‘60 Army, would one find Cimarron revolvers made by both Pietta and Uberti?

Back