• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cimarron Arms?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Pierce

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Is there a differance between Cimarron Arms & Uberti or is Cimarron just the importer for Uberti? Looking at a 1858 Remington, blued, finding one from both.
Mike

Mike in the past ,Cimmarron had a better external finish.They use to claim that they selected all there products from Uberti.I have worked on numerous single actions over the years,found no difference internally.I would save some money and just buy the Remmy from a good uberti distributor.Hope this helps..Respectfully Montanadan

I suspect that Uberti quality across the board is about the same especially since they went under the same ownership as Beretta. Cimarron does do a few extra things. On the sAA "model P", the cimarron logo is on the barrel address line and the case color treatment is extra special. they also inspect the guns to see if they actually work before sending them out.

I've had excellent with plain Uberti percussion revolvers. Many of them come in Taylor and Company boxes.

MEC-that is refreshing,someone actually checks to see if the pistol is going to work.Remember the old CB pistols?Those days it was a manure shoot at best!respectfully Montanadan

very true. Now you can just about count on perfect timing and good barrel and cylinder dimensions. Parts/springs last longer too. The guns feel a bit rough right out of the box but you get this even with new smith and wessons. everything settles in after just a bit of shooting.

Latest posts

Back