• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Christmas gift.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gus13

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there's an unwritten rule somewhere that says, if you start making horns as a regular thing, you have to make at least one Tansel horn....(someone should check the bylaws or something.... :'( ) So, 2 years ago, give or take, I started on mine.
Got the tip turned -antler- base plug turned - Walnut- and body filed. Then I looked at the engraving on the original and the horn got put on a shelf and forgotten! ;) ;)
When Auggie (my son- then 8) had a presentation at school last year, he had to bring in "something that grows naturally, and can also be useful" At first he was complaining that he didn't know what to take and I had told him to walk into the woods and grab a friggin' stick! The. I said, " Aug, you realize there is a shop full of horns sitting right there! Why don't you take one of them?" So I went out and grabbed a raw horn, and told him to take that, then I gave him the "Tansel" horn and told him to take that to show what it could become.

Well, apparently his presentation went over really well, and everybody thought it was cool. And Auggie came home and asked me if he could have the horn, I told him he could but that it wasn't finished yet, and I wasn't really ready to try my hand at it just then. So he told me he was going to hold onto it until I was,which was fine by me. After that every once in awhile when I was working on a project, he'd bring his horn to me and ask when I was going to do it! Well the one time he left it on my stand, and I snatched it and put it up on the fridge (out of sight, out of mind!) :p I told my wife that my plan was to get it done and then give it back to him as a Christmas gift! Yeah... I'm cheap like that! :-[ :'( :'(
So, finally here it is.

Ok those worked....lets see if this does?...nope. I don't get this!

Back