• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Christened the .50cal Dickert this afternoon with this 8 pointer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imagine a 'plateau' of land (flat ridge) 2-3 foot ball fields end to end...covered with big hardwoods, most of which are white and red oaks.
Sprinkle in a few clusters of full size evergreen holly trees that provide good cover year round.

Visualize one whole side of that plateau gently sloping down hill covered by about 50 acres of 5-6 year old regrowth on a clear cut.
Visualize the other sides tapering down into heavily wooded brush choked ravines...all of that surrounding this oak plateau.

It’s actually a very small parcel I can hunt, but is surrounded by a few hundred acres of other woods, and of course the deer don't know about property lines.

Acorns rain down on that plateau through October and into November...the deer feed on them constantly, when the early November rut hits, the bucks cruise the oaks for Does, etc.

When the acorns are gone, the place will become deserted so I put a lot of effort into early November every year...no question I'm lucky to have such a place...

Back