• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Choosing flintlock pistol kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phllp665

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I apologize if this is a repeat. I did a search but there were more results than I wanted to sift through...

I am interested in building a flintlock pistol from one of the many production kits that are available. I've narrowed my search to either the Pedersoli Harper's Ferry or the Traditions Trapper Flintlock.

I was just wondering if anyone has an opinion either way? Does either brand have any problems with quality control or is one brand just outright better than the other?

I don't plan on shooting this pistol very much (if at all). BUT!!!! Should I change my mind on that and start shooting it a lot, I'd like something that can stand up to a fair amount of shooting.

Thanks.

i just got done building a trapper flintlock kit. so far it is doing fine. the kit wasnt to aweful hard to build. it came out very nice. from what ive seen it is going to be a very good shooter. whatever you get have fun with it and hopefully you will shoot it and get the most enjoyment out of it. cheers SS

As many others have discovered the Harper's Ferry is a flint masher. If you don't mind replacing the flint OFTEN then it is okay. But it eats flints because the bad angle of the hammer to the frizzen.

Latest posts

Back