• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Check it out?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked in an email if the gun could be made shootable by drilling a touch hole. replay was (parapharse) yes...He has answered that question hundreds of times and alot of his guns are used in reinactment. I should have asked if they could safely shoot ball or shot and not just blanks!

The photos the guy has on his auction are taken directly from Military Heritage's website. It is their India Pattern or 3rd Model Bess. If it really is a MH gun, and is in good shape, the Buy It Now price of $350 is a fair price. New, they go for $499 plus about $20-30 for shipping (not totally sure on the shipping, but it's something like that).
I would recommend reading some of Daryl's posts about his Sea Service Bess he got from MH and some of the problems he had with it, before you buy. You can get a better look/more info at http://www.militaryheritage.com/ :thumbsup:

P.S. If the gun doesn't display the poor breechplug fit that Daryl's had, it would be safe to shoot with ball and shot. Unfortunatley, you can't find out unless you buy it. Personally, I would be more inclined to spend an extra bill or two and just buy one from MVTC or Loyalist, as they, for the time being, seem to be of a bit better quality :imo:.:boohoo: :thumbsup:

If the gun doesn't display the poor breechplug fit that Daryl's had, it would be safe to shoot with ball and shot. Unfortunatley, you can't find out unless you buy it.

What if Daryl's was an isolated case?

I have been in production long enough to know that some things do slip past QC...

We may never know until someone else pulls the plug on a MH bess...

You are absolutely correct- mine might have been an isolated case. On the other hand, it SHOULD NOT have gone past an inspection. It and the other threading on the musket show a lack of understanding or care, but typically Indian workmanship. The barrel and loop pins were squared in areas, rough in texture with ends peened over so they chipped the wood upon initial removal - that sort of thing. For $300 and change, US Currency - and a lathe and/or milling machine to make good on poor parts, I'd probably buy it as a project piece. It is worth that, I presume, as long as the lock is sound.
: Be aware that even Military Heritage said the India Pattern needed updating due to oversized stock wood and construction.

Buy it now @ $350 + $30 S&H =$380
Save $150 ish.
No warrentee expressed or implied, no look it over time mentioned, think I'll (personally) pass on this myself.
There are 2 listed. Believe they are identical (not sure).
I agree it sounds like a MH.
Thought someone might find it amusing that a appearent India is being sold at a low price from one that never drilled it and fired it.
My take is, someone bought it, looked it over, got discusted and is trying to recoup some write off to a bad purchase? :hmm:

Back