• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Chambers Jaeger Lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I'm impressed. Stunned, in fact. Finally a decent pre-1750's European gun lock!

I got to see one of the initial production pieces, as well as the original it is based on, when I was over at Jim's shop last spring. It is indeed a very nice lock. Notice that all the screw-holes are blind!

The original is covered with chiseled decoration. Jim told me that they considered reproducing the decoration on the production lock, but eventually decided that anyone who could successfully clean it up could do it from scratch, so it would be better just to leave it off.

I think I may have got one of the pre production pieces. When I ordered the lock last year, Jim told me that they would be going into production in 3 to 4 weeks. One week later, the lock was in my mail box. I think it was late summer or early fall, if I remember correctly. It is the only Chambers lock that I have ever received with a flint already installed in it. Everything fits perfectly and it is really smooth. Jim said that it was roughly a 1690 period lock. I bought it sight unseen, I have a thing for early rifles. He's first class in my book.

.60 cal 33" barrel from Bobby Hoyt should be here next week. I just need to find a rifle to pattern it after and away we go. I haven't 100% made up my mind on the stock yet, but I am leaning towards cherry right now.

Latest posts

Back