• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Carl Sandburg and Abe Lincoln

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie

Moderator Emeritus In Remembrance
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
For my birthday some time past I recieved a set of the 1926 Edition of "Abraham Lincoln" by Carl Sandburg. The set consists of 6 books and I am about finished with Vol 1.

Although for many years I heard that Carl Sandburg was "the" authority on Lincoln", after reading as far as I have I have the feeling that some of the material has been "created" by Carl.

Have any of you members read his Lincoln works or done any study on how authentic his Lincoln information is?

Yes Mrs Suggs*. I know Mrs Suggs. We are never to question the "greats" Mrs Suggs. 100 times on the blackboard?...But my hand will fall off.....The school can't afford that much chalk Mrs Suggs! Oh,.... well.....OK.
I shall not question the knowledge of the Masters.
I shall not question the knowledge of the Masters.
I shall.........

* Mrs Suggs was my High School Freshman English teacher. I rapidly learned to avoid her however this was difficult when her class was scheduled 3 times a week. :(

Latest posts

Back