• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Canvas bags

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mglampson

40 Cal.
Reaction score
When I started and needed a hunting bag, I opted for a Miami canvas bag. It has since traveled many miles with me and picked up bead work on the beavertail flap and a carved patch knife on the strap. I haven't seen any other canvas bags in use and was wondering if anyone else uses one.

I used one for a while with my sxs shotgun, decided it was encouraging me to carry too much weight of shot and powder and retired it..Hank

A friend recently showed me his canvas drinking cup (which to me is exceptionally keen deal to own). ALL ways that the original stuff was done is fine with me (horn, wooden, forged steel cups....). Off the subject of shootin bag (canvas) but still on the same thread I guess. I wonder where and when the outfitters at the rondys would have acquired canvas accoutriments ?

canvas /jute ,type cloth has been made from the time before Christ
So to say it is PC would be fine I would think.

Woody

I just bought my 9 yr old daughter an old CVA type flint kentucky for $85 to teach her to shoot with. She named it sunshine cause of all the brass. Anyway I found these canvas purse like bags at craft store with a cord strap. They are natural color canvas and lined with a cotton material even. I dyed one brown, did some stencil painting on it and added a period looking beaded design on flap. It looks great and is lightweight for her. JIM

Back