• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabela's Missing Ammo

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A news report 6/28 states that 500,000 rounds (that's 500, One Thousand Round Cases) of Ammo is 'missing' from the Cabela's in Christiana, DE. I would propose that this is an investigation going back a couple years when people were "staking out" loading docks to meet arrivals of deliveries at similar retailers. It was reported in the Philly TV news market. Considering the literal tons of fresh, cased ammo I see at regional gun shows, it's apparent that ammo was being locked up and frozen from market by the very dealers we depend upon for supplies of Caps, Black Powder, etc. as well as un-mentionable shooting ammo. Inside job, anyone?

Free ammo eh!?!
🤔

I swear that's a attitude I cannot get my head around.........stealing from me and mine is ok as long as the thief is ok.
Seems backwards and infantile beyond acceptable limits to me.
Why I try and stay as far from people as I can.

A news report 6/28 states that 500,000 rounds (that's 500, One Thousand Round Cases) of Ammo is 'missing' from the Cabela's in Christiana, DE. I would propose that this is an investigation going back a couple years when people were "staking out" loading docks to meet arrivals of deliveries at similar retailers. It was reported in the Philly TV news market. Considering the literal tons of fresh, cased ammo I see at regional gun shows, it's apparent that ammo was being locked up and frozen from market by the very dealers we depend upon for supplies of Caps, Black Powder, etc. as well as un-mentionable shooting ammo. Inside job, anyone?
Anyone check Biden's garage?😀😁😂😃

There's some mention that they're blaming it on "shoplifting" and their attitude not to bother stealers. They claim ammo was in middle of floor and people were just walking out with it. I suspect more like they had crooked employees diverting it off the loading dock...
Shoplifting and stealers are words that have been cancelled. The proper terminology now to refer to such human beings is unpaid or non paying customers!!🤣🤡welcome to clown world!

Well for it disappearing off the shelves is pretty common. I remember going to BassPro and Cabelas and seeing empty and partially empty boxes of ammo scattered all about in the store. Thieves would take a box elsewhere in the store and empty it into their purses or pockets and then leave the box and exit the store. Some of the more brazen would open boxes and pour out a handful and put it back on the shelf too. During the peak shortages we had to wait in line to pick from what is left behind the counters on the carts. They had pulled all of the ammo that was left off of the shelves. They still do keep the more rare ammo and primers behind the counters too.

Before the shortages Walmart had locked up all of the ammo behind glass front cabinets too. You had to pay for it right there at the cabinet too. Academy there for a while had all of the more expensive self defense ammo inside of a glass case too. Only the large bulk stuff was on the shelves.

When I think about it more . I think that Walmart stopped selling ammo and guns in their urban stores due to theft mostly. They got to do some clever political virtue signaling with it too. Too much thievery going on. A group of people would stop a clerk with a cart full of ammo on the way to the glass cabinets and distract accost him/her while the others stole some ammo. I do remember one fellow who asked to see a gun and the clerk handed it to him to check out. He promptly then ran out of the store with it. He had a fellow waiting outside in a car got him. So no surprise that they had to quit selling in urban areas and only sell hunting specific stuff in the rural areas now. Wslmsrt has been putting more and more stuff inside locked cabinets too. They won’t let you touch the stuff until you pay for it too.

Last edited:
A brick of .22 s fits in a coat pocket pretty easy. Likely 9mm bulk on open displays, also very portable.
I hate to say it, but also the long time statistic for loss control was one of three employees was stealing from the retailer. Fifteen years in the business, I think its pretty accurate. Just sayin.

What caliber is this ammo?
They did not state; very little details on good news stories anymore. Millions of dollars in brand new dimes stolen from a truck parked overnight in Philly; what happened after they reported that? Imagine you pick up a load of tons of new dimes from the Philly mint, then park it overnight with no oversight so that guys could cut the lock and make off with bags of dimes. No follow-up whatsoever in the "news". Concerning the 'missing' ammo, a political hack woman in DE stated that "even one bullet" could be deadly...but no mention of any follow-up investigation. But half-a-million rounds is 500 cases of 1000 each!!! It's probably out on the streets in reserve for the next "shortage"!

Back