• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BUYER BEWARE - Mntnhntr is a SCAMMER

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe it is Jon Charles Holder using the handle @Mntnhntr on the forum receiving all the ‘love’. Nothing to do with you, but another example of why not to use your actual name on Internet forums.
I got a PM head's up that someone with the same name was scamming in here.

In retrospect I should've made my username my Potawatomi name, Wawyasto (Tornado)

I think computers have IP addresses.

I think the Mods have access to the IP stuff.

A name can change, but the IP address will remain the same.
I think just using a VPN will change the IP.
That area code is Texas. Alos when you Google the number nothing comes up for me
Area codes tell you nothing about the callers location. I have friends and relatives all across the country who have left Colorado and they still have the area code of their Colorado cell number.

Area codes tell you nothing about the callers location. I have friends and relatives all across the country who have left Colorado and they still have the area code of their Colorado cell number.
@longcruise is correct. I have used VPNs for years, specifically a product called Express VPN for personal use, although not on the device I usually used for this forum until recently. Effective VPNs will hide your IP address and internet activity.

Area code mean little anymore with the use of cellphones. I know folks who have moved all over the country without changing area codes or phone numbers. Anyone who has changed cell providers, definitely not a short list, knows that you can take your old or existing cell number to the new provider.

Maybe this place needs a new rule --- buyer and seller ID (copy of Dr Lic or Passport) for all transactions. I wouldnt like giving those things to be a member here but thats an option too. Never a cent should be lost.
I’m not about to post my drivers license on a forum. That’s many levels of bad. No.

I absolutely hate to hear this sort of thing, There is no place for knowing Thieves in this world , if this was 1873 he could be justifiably taken out and Hung. The court system caters to trash like this. It ticks me off to no end…. I am sorry for your loss, I mean this…

Took 30 seconds to find @Mntnhntr, if he is the guy.
View attachment 262326

I leave town and logoff for half a day and I come back to this...

For the record, Full name is Jonathan Allen Holder, haven't even visited Nebraska in maybe 11 years and never sold a revolver on here.
Welcome to the collateral damage these lowlifes cause. Its almost ID theft. BTW i have little doubt that these comments are being monitored by the scammer right now.

Sadly, the local prosecutor may tell you it’s not worth their time and effort. Then prepare to be grilled over if it’s legal to deal in firearms - do you have an FFL, do you do this often, blah, blah, blah…..😔

I’m a member on Northeast Shooters
They use feedback scores to deter scammers.
C10EDFF1-C856-4BFA-9910-F471C80D35CF.jpeg
9305A2EF-61AB-4382-9533-B70EFEC9B7B8.jpeg

Note the feedback score..
44 positive transactions (w/ reviews)
0 negative transactions
Both forums use a similar template so why not institute a feedback score for transactions?
That, along with a 5 min phone call between buyer/seller should alleviate most scams

Last edited:
I’m not about to post my drivers license on a forum. That’s many levels of bad. No.
My wife is an investigator for ID theft. I wouldn't show my drivers license to my best friend let alone some stranger on the internet. I have purchased three rifles on here in the last year. If they asked for a copy of my license I would wish them well and stop the sale.

Go back and reread my comment. The part where the number doesn't come up with any information.I have a NY number ,big deal . I know people have numbers from all over. FMR

I’m NEVER giving out my DL over the internet, I don’t care how badly I want to buy something. I’ve been ripped off three times in my life, all western hunting outfitters that insist on money up front. I call references, past clients, friends of those past clients, local game and fish, local taxidermist and business associations and STILL get ripped off. ZERO chance I’ll ever buy anything from a stranger over the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back