• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buckskin Report....?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonT

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Whatever happened to the magazine "Buckskin Report"?
Was a good read the first time around for me.
R

Thanks guys, just curious. I had a pile of em', like everybody else, but cleaned house and they went away. I did find some N.A.P.R and NMLRA primitive rendezvous posters, and some pics that I overlooked. Brought back memories.
R

I've still have most of the issues, and my NAPR patch is still on the shoulder of my old hunting shirt.

I liked that rag and sure hated to see it go under. It always had a bunch of good stuff on Hawken rifles and western fur trade.

I don't recall the editors name, but he was sure down on T/C, about the breech plug maybe. Anyhow, didn't they do a test on a piece of water pipe without the ball seated....by ~>6", and not get it to blow? Yep, quite a read.
R

The Buckskin Report was published by John Baird. When he left it the magazine became the Black Powder Report published by his son Dave Baird.
The mag was in financial trouble towards the end in 1985. Dave also got tired of having to deal with some of the ml suppliers nonsense.
Both Dave and John were at the last NAPR Eastern when they let it be known that the mag was going to fold.

The thing about T/C.
At that time there were a number of burst gun suits in the courts. All sorts of things about the grade of steel being used and something about over tightening the breech plugs.
T/C tried to prove that the only way you could blow one of their ml guns up was with the use of a smokeless powder or a mixture of black and smokeless. The lab work used to "prove" that was techno BS. The Bairds' simply got tired of the hassle.

Latest posts

Back