• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Broke my leg

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I had all next week scheduled for deer hunting with my son and fell down the attic stairs Monday night and fractured my Tibia. I'm am now in a full leg splint which immobilizes my entire left leg and unable to walk.

If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all. My son wants to drive out to the farm and let me sit in the back of the truck and hunt. I think I will just sit at the fire and hang out while my boys chase them.

Oh well it could have been much worse. For all you guys that will be out next week GOOD LUCK and stay out of the attic.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

while my heart say's " let your son set you up in the PU", my two remaining brain cells say, Let it heal.
broke mine 30 years ago and being young, dumb, i shrugged it off and pushed it. it hurts as i type this. guess i need to go pat ole sore head, the bear and say good morning. seems to help some mornings.

Well I had all next week scheduled for deer hunting with my son and fell down the attic stairs Monday night and fractured my Tibia. I'm am now in a full leg splint which immobilizes my entire left leg and unable to walk.

If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all. My son wants to drive out to the farm and let me sit in the back of the truck and hunt. I think I will just sit at the fire and hang out while my boys chase them.

Oh well it could have been much worse. For all you guys that will be out next week GOOD LUCK and stay out of the attic.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

I knew there was a reason I don't go to the attic! Heal up quick. Merry Christmas and God Bless.

It bites, hit and run shattered my left side and I had to sit out a deer season and was on crutches yet the following year but took a very nice buck. Fely stupid that I had to have others drag it to the truck for me but. Probably shouldn't risk trying to do the sitting in the back of the truck, could always screw yourself up more.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!
The entire site is wishing you a speedy recovery!

Well, damn! Guess you will just have to have folks bring you hot rum toddies as you sit in your lounge chair by the fire. It works better if you whine, grimace and hold your leg periodically........They will figure it out in a week, but take advantage of your bad luck while you can.
Merry Christmas and to better luck next year.

Thanks all !!!!!

Attachments

• 20221220_133853.jpg
    20221220_133853.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
My son wants to drive out to the farm and let me sit in the back of the truck and hunt. I think I will just sit at the fire and hang out while my boys chase them.
Don’t know what your setup at your farm is like, but more than one deer has been taken off a cabin porch. At least be ready if the opportunity presents itself. Better than ‘he stood right there, but I didn’t have my gun’.

Six years ago this month I had a hard to get drawn Az. elk tag and the same days my tag was for I got a left knee replacement. I wanted the hunt but I had to get the knee replaced to do anything at all in the future. Osteo arthritis sure does hurt.

Latest posts

Back