• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Breech plug for Thompson/Center Hawken 15/16 for .50 caliber

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everone,
I think I saw a source for Thompson/Center Hawken breech plugs in the last couple of weeks here on the forum. Now I cannot find it and I cannot find it in the search function. I anyone has information I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks to all.

I believe, judging by the title of his post, he's wanting a 15/16ths breechplug.

If you are going to replace the breech plug in a TC barrel then you will need a threading specific to a TC barrel. I don't recall the exact threads but someone will and will post it here. That's one of the good things about this forum. 👌

Have some tooling I was given when I left a company I worked for. Have had it for years. Never used it. If some one can find a use for it would gladly sell it for a reasonably price
Hate to see it unuseued
Can give the specs on it if anyone is interested

Attachments

• IMG_20220323_174243_1.jpg
    IMG_20220323_174243_1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 38
I bought a T.C. breech plug from Track of the Wolf years ago.So they would be a possible source if they still have them in stock.

Have some tooling I was given when I left a company I worked for. Have had it for years. Never used it. If some one can find a use for it would gladly sell it for a reasonably price
Hate to see it unuseued
Can give the specs on it if anyone is interested
Since snooterpup has found what he has needed, I'm interested so I sent you a PM regarding the Breechplugs and taps.

The Gun Works lists TC breech plugs as in stock. Go to their website and go to
Custom gun building parts
Furniture
Breech plugs--down near the bottom of the page go to:
Replacement breechplug for TC 15/16 $46
the threads are listed as 5/8x18
These are aftermarket manufactured so they might have to be fit, give them a call and ask.

Last edited:
I have a spare that I can lend you until better times. Shoot me a PM if interested.
Thank you for your kind offer! I had a problem with the so called “clean out screw” and thought I was in big trouble. It turns out that I turned a custom oversize 8-32 screw and reefed it in the slightly damaged threads. Problem solved!!!
A word to the wise… If anyone would like to attempt to remove a stuck “clean-out screw”, Please Don’t! I know from a frightening experience. Further adding to my troubles it is a very early TC Hawken with a Green Mountain barrel. Some say the breech thread is proprietary. I’m thankful the easy fix worked.
Thanks again for your kind offer!

I got the same problem with a rifle I just bought. Somebody boogered up that dreaded screw and it is leaking where the threads are gone on one side. Not leaking much but enough to worry me. Looks like I will have to tap it out to the next size.

Latest posts

Back