• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Boucheron

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushfire

45 Cal.
Reaction score
When my boucheron arrived here I wasn't blown away, the tang wobbled in the handle and it was blunt enough I could literally run my thumb across the blade and not draw blood. But I got it peened in relatively tight and after redoing the edge its shaving sharp.
Trust me on the last part, copped an earful from the missus tonight for testing the edge by shaving my leg hairs with it in the lounge room.
It is (seems for now?) tightly secured to my hunting bag, sits comfortably, and hopefully I can skin my first deer with it very soon.
I do love the knife as someone with french heritage and given that it was both made using historically correct techniques and from a tenplate of an actual 18th century boucheron excavated from Ticonderoga. The rough finish to me feels more correct, after all they were cheap trade knives for the most part. And I do love boxwood!
20230121_000154.jpg
20230121_000215.jpg

I just recently affixed my sheath knife (Damascus blade knife gifted to me my a customer) to my possibles bag strap. Dunno why I never considered that before. Much more convenient than a belt knife.

Yours looks like a nice simple hand-forged blade... very period correct and quite functional. Good luck with the deer hunt!

Back