• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bore polishing to help with fouling: it worked!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, it does work as a hunting lube. you can leave it loaded with it overnight and it shoots with no problem.
Olskool. I would like to try it sometime. In fact, Snakebit and I were discussing this on the phone yesterday. However, both of us has some reservations on leaving anything with water in the chamber for any length of time. Difficult to see down a .32 bore/chamber to see if any rust might be forming. I think that if I decide to follow through with this it will be with one of my big bores. I do believe that some of you are have excellent results with it.

I couldn't imagine dressing a deer out in that kind of heat and having to rush to get the meat on ice before the flies get on it. Usually I'll hang the deer in my barn for a few days, if temps stay between 32* and 45*, before I butcher it.
Well, it's not the most fun I've had. I've killed doubles with my bow several times during hot weather. One time I was foolish enough to get a triple one morning. I looked like a samurai soldier with my knife tying to get all three of them cleaned and in the cooler while swatting flies at the the same time. The meat will be okay as long as ventilation is provided but there isn't much that can be done with flies and yellow jackets that get all over the deer.

Never again.

Olskool. I would like to try it sometime. In fact, Snakebit and I were discussing this on the phone yesterday. However, both of us has some reservations on leaving anything with water in the chamber for any length of time. Difficult to see down a .32 bore/chamber to see if any rust might be forming. I think that if I decide to follow through with this it will be with one of my big bores. I do believe that some of you are have excellent results with it.
i understand about the water. overnight would be safe but i would not leave it in longer myself,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I couldn't imagine dressing a deer out in that kind of heat and having to rush to get the meat on ice before the flies get on it. Usually I'll hang the deer in my barn for a few days, if temps stay between 32* and 45*, before I butcher it.
well, many hundreds get killed and skinned every year down here in the heat with no ill effects. i have killed many in the heat and skin them out an hour latter or longer and no problem,,,,,,,,,,,,,

well, many hundreds get killed and skinned every year down here in the heat with no ill effects. i have killed many in the heat and skin them out an hour latter or longer and no problem,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Same here. My standard procedure is if I stick a deer and do not see it fall, even though I might have heard if fall, I immediately note the time and will wait up until one hour before I begin looking for it. Most of the time its laying about where I thought I heard if fall. Thus why I have gotten several doubles and one triple. While waiting and timing more deer came though.

Same here. My standard procedure is if I stick a deer and do not see it fall, even though I might have heard if fall, I immediately note the time and will wait up until one hour before I begin looking for it. Most of the time its laying about where I thought I heard if fall. Thus why I have gotten several doubles and one triple. While waiting and timing more deer came though.
a friend an i went one morning. i like sitting on the ground. i was hunting with a non-black powder rifle. it was October but real warm. i was after some meat for some friends of my wife and myself. an 8-point buck came out and i killed him, a doe came out 10 min. latter and i shot her dead. 30 min. latter a 6 point came out and i shot him dead. we have a lot of deer here in the lowcountry but they are plenty wild! it was 2hours before we started cleaning them. no ill effects,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back