• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bore light question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, the reason it doesn't work too well is that it's trying to focus too far ahead. I taped a short length of wire to mine and taped a short piece of dowel to the wire, about 2" in front of the camera. The light is reflected back from the dowel and lights up the bore between the dowel and the camera and the camera's focus is within that area.

Bobber lights work great, if you can find a white light sample. Red, green and yellow are kind of goofy for a bore light, but they'll work!

Used to tournament fish for Walleye. I have been using a green bobber light for years. They will fit any caliber of ML you have and produce lots of light to light up the bore. They are cheap, and last forever. If I could find a white one I would probably switch but yellow, green and red are all I have ever run across.

I had a deer run through heavy cover and break the luminock, and guess what...... It's a bobber light. That's what they use to make the Luminock.

A photo.
camerafitting-1.jpg

Before I even knew such a creature as a bore light existed I had pulled the LED light off of a ball point pen & used it. You know those promotional pens you sometimes get at a hardware or some service provider that has their name & phone number on it with a little light on the top.
O.

hanshi said:
The one I got from Amazon was identical to the one I got at O'Rileys. The only reason my first one didn't last another year is because it got turned on without my knowledge and the batteries died. The batteries are available from Amazon if you can't find them elsewhere. As far as being cheap; you don't want to turn one on toward your eyes. Trust me.

Agree about the very bright part.
Mine has become indipensible. Great gun tool.

Back