• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Billinghurst UH drawings?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theDuck

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I've looked around for a drawing of the Billinghurst under hammer action but can't find one. Anyone know where I can find one? Thanks

Hi,
Im also interested in Billinghust drawings and pictures.
Would like to share info about UH guns.
Thanks
Martin

Hi,
Im also interested in Billinghust drawings and pictures. Particular the pistol
If anyone would like to share info and drawings about UH guns.

/matt

Muzzle Loader Builders supply has Billinghurst underhammer actions for sale in their catalog.

I built several guns on the actions from those guys. Went to UH target pistols, The open class I built the action from my own design, but this is the traditional using their billinghurst. I like a hook breech with easily removable barrel for cleaning, Also like the wood forend. Most UH guns are ugly to me..

underhammer8.jpg

Open class UH with the innards exposed, prior to bluing: Barrel comes out easily for cleaning..
underhammer 1.jpg

Hey Brayhaven, I like your build. How is the barrel locked in where it removes easily?
Thanks. Just above the hammer there is a set screw on each side that goes into an indentation on the barrel frame. A half turn out and the barrel slides forward to free a notch in the rear rib that is engaged in a cross pin. Snaps back in the same way and secured by snugging down those set screws. Kind of like the rear lock in the Walther GSP.

Latest posts

Back