• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Big Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nc_cooter

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just finished the 3rd knife in my Turtle Series. The blade was hand forged from 1084FG steel. The coffin shaped guard was forged from wagon tire wrought iron. The handle is Mule deer crown. OAL is 16-1/4". The blade is 10-1/4" long and 1-3/4" wide. Balance point is at the guard.
The sheath is made from veggie tan and covered with deer rawhide. The rawhide is sealed with old fashioned spar varnish. The belt loop can be removed for inside the belt/sash wear.
All comments welcome and thanks for looking.
Mike

TC3-1.jpg

TC3-3.jpg

TC3-4.jpg

All the series so far.

TC3-5.jpg

I like those sheaths and knife. I have one of those same turtles on the flap of one of my shooting bags. Good job. :thumbsup:

WHOA! That is some awesome work. The latest offering is my favorite. Good job... :hatsoff:

Well the only thing I see wrong with it is: It doesn't belong to me :grin: ... Really nice work...Bud

Thanks everyone. I have really enjoyed making this series. I did a lot of looking on the net for period pieces and studied the work of Chuck Burrows. He has been very helpful in sharing his techniques and material sources.
Mike

I want to share some good news with everyone. Got a call from a gun and knife collector yesterday about the Turtle knife series. He had seen the pics here and a couple of other sites.
To make a long story short, we met today at a resterant about an hours drive from here and he purchased all three knives at my price. I am still in shock.
I want to thank all of you for your comments. I think it helped a lot.
Mike

Back