• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best book on F/I war

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texcl

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good book that is more personal rather than overall war history. Have any ideas?

Fiction or non-fiction?

I can't think of anyone who was actually involved in the war who wrote of their personal experiences.

Crucible of War by Anderson (sp?) is generally considered "the" book these days, but, alas, is that "general" book.

You might take a look at Allen Eckert's (Spelling???) book. Also, I recently bought White Devil by Stephen Brumwell, subtitled A True Story of War Savagery and Vengence in Colonial America.

Hope these help.

If you search back in this very forum ("Muzzleloading and History in the Media") on 03-02-14 you will find a thread "Books written on the French and Indian War back then" posted by John Shields, topic #286943.

You'll find what you are looking for.

If you click on this forum ("Media") in the index, then go to the bottom left of the page, you can change the search parameters from "forum default" to "all".

I don't know how to give you the link to take you directly to the above topic. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back