• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best .62 smoothbore barrel for round ball?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, as a newbie on here trying to learn, I just wandered over to Smoothbores and here are the same founts of knowledge.

Thanks Roundball, Paul Many and others.

Really...

While I do have a pair of 62's smooth laying around goig thru some old mags (Muzz Blast Muzzloader and Dixie's once a year thing from years back) it seems River Rat ,roundball,Billy Lo all have one thing in the 54 cal. I've read 2 or 3 things the last few days about how "rifle"" like these can be over other's ( why I dont know and they didn't say) but a good barrel and sights 53 ball, tight patch and load work up was close to not to be belived out to 100 yds. (cant say so myself but funny 3 different guys from 3 different times (years apart) could get kind of rifle like shots from the 54?? So I started to think about how good is a smooth bore 6 Lb'er from the CW and a blowgun (now I Have seen this one shot/ blown I guess by guys in the far east that did it evry day for food, with no sights they didnt go hungry very often.. :rotf: just a thought. Fred :hatsoff:

Back