• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bess Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chasebob

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could purchase a cheap Brown Bess Kit? I'm on a very tight budget but have the time and ability to make the gun. Also if anyone knows of a good place to look for a used Bess that would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

There have been a few used one in the classifieds here. Auction Arms and Gunboker have used ones some times too. The only kit i know of is the Pedersoli and you won't get one of them cheap. You might look at some of the offerings from Middlesex Village Traders and Loyalist for one also.

Dixie Gun works used to have them, you might check out their site and see. I don't remember the price though. :v

The cheapest and still suitable would be an Indian made Long Land pattern from either Loyalist Arms or Middlesex Village Traders. You really won't find much offered that is really cheap unless you find something on clearance from Loyalist.

I have a Loyalist Arms Long Land pattern Bess that I use for reenacting. It is a good sturdy gun. I have seen the Middlesex Village Traders guns used by other membersof the unit. These are also good guns.

Be patient and check every ML-oriented (bad pun) board you can find with a classifieds page, and keep an eye open, or ask for, a Japanese-made Bess. They tend to pop up now and again, and usually at a lot lower price than TOTW, or even the price of new Indian-made guns.

I agree with grenadeir, Go to loyalists site and check out their "specials section" i bought my long land in kit form with slight damage from there, and it turned out FANTASTIC after some work"which was alot of fun"
Shoots good , looks good, rough and ready!

Rob

Back