• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bent arbor?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madcratebuilder

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I got a nib, Uberti, 48 baby dragoon off gunbroker. Came yesterday and I see the very end of the arbor at the wedge slot is bent. The grease grooves in the arbor had a lot of impacted metal in them causing the cylinder to turn very hard. I cleaned that up, thought I would just bend the arbor back, then thought better of it. The wedge would just bend it back. Is this a common thing with the open tops? Frame fits up to the barrel nice, barrel gap is good, need to address timing, bolt comes up to soon and hard to get sear on the hammer on one cylinder.
I want to shoot this thing not hang it on the wall. Do you think it well be a problem gun.
baby1.jpg

arbor1.jpg

Not a common thing at all.. I would return it to the seller....email him and tell him about it!
I think Gunbroker has a 3 day inspection policy that sellers have to adhere to,,,,,,,

As Scalper said, try returning it to the seller if within the time limit. If you got it at a good price and want to keep the revolver, just turn out the arbor (it's threaded into the recoil shield) and replace it with a new one. That problem shouldn't affect the timing, that is a separate issue.

Just another thought....can you clean up the bent area with needle files? Just enough to allow the wedge to slip in and do it's job.

Here is a picture of mine (also bought off GunBroker NIB) after I "instant aged" it.
BleachedColtc.jpg

Back