• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I CHALLENGE All the naysayers that say thier short arbor Uberti shoots as good as one that is set up correctly!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballshooter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
This is a challenge... Post your best group @ an honest 17 yards...Catch is after every single shot for six shots, you have to pull your wedge an barrel off and you can't measure anything simply shoot pull your barrel, put it back together and repeat five more times.

Before I did the short arbor fix and set my cylinder gap. I had some mysterious flyers. Not any more! I shot seven cylinders and the groups did not change. Here is mine @ 17 yards six shot after each shot the barrel an wedge were pulled. I think the corrected arbor and positive cylinder gap had something to do with it. Or it could have been just luck and me wearing my cowboy hat...lol

Attachments

• 20230814_131500.jpg
    20230814_131500.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
Wild Bill, is that you?

Would I be correct in assuming your powder charge ain't very much?

And if it's repeatable, it ain't luck.

PS: May I ask how old your eyes are?
Hahahah I felt like wild bill today. My load was 20 grains of 3F and eras be gone colt 126 grain bullet. I am 53 years old but still fell 17.

This is a challenge... Post your best group @ an honest 17 yards...Catch is after every single shot for six shots, you have to pull your wedge an barrel off and you can't measure anything simply shoot pull your barrel, put it back together and repeat five more times.

Before I did the short arbor fix and set my cylinder gap. I had some mysterious flyers. Not any more! I shot seven cylinders and the groups did not change. Here is mine @ 17 yards six shot after each shot the barrel an wedge were pulled. I think the corrected arbor and positive cylinder gap had something to do with it. Or it could have been just luck and me wearing my cowboy hat...lol
So a tuned gun will usually out shoot a factory gun, hardly news and I don't remember that being disputed. The notion that a factory gun is inaccurate and will self destruct unless tuned is what is incorrect thinking .

So a tuned gun will usually out shoot a factory gun, hardly news and I don't remember that being disputed. The notion that a factory gun is inaccurate and will self destruct unless tuned is what is incorrect thinking .
So, I take it you won't be shooting... ? Why you have a super tuned wedge. Oh it's because you don't have a cowboy hat :doh:

I just want to see others without the fix do the same test. It is all in fun no sense getting all worked up. Opinions are what make us well US! The world would be boring if we all thought alike.

Back