• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Been awhile! Powder Hon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gus13

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Been awhile since I posted anything! figger I might as well post up this'n I did awhile back:

as always questions, comments, and critiques welcome!

Ron..

Best to date. Been a big fan of yours for years. That one just speaks to me. I too, am a Horner.

You put that one up... give me a chance! :hatsoff:

I am gonna rat Gus out because I like this horn so much. This horn won Best of Show and two or three Judges choice awards at Dixon's last year. The pictures do not do it justice.
Bagman, I think you may have Gus and I mixed up. This is definitely Gus's horn.

Ron

Durn it Ron! I did not win two or three Judges choice ribbons on this horn! don't be spreading those lies! I only won One Judges Choice, Best Folk Art, and Best Overall. Not 3 Judges Choice! Jeeeze! and John DeWald took these pictures so they do it the most justice possible! :grin:
Nonetheeless Bagman, you might have been better off thinking it was one of Rons! Especially knowing the only reason he can't claim a win at Dixon's is because he never finds the time to make it there! :rotf: :blah: :rotf:

These two gentlemen are the reason I can't sleep at night :surrender: just tossing an turning wishing I had a 10th of that talent :doh:

Hawkthrower said:
The pictures do not do it justice.

This brings up a head scratcher; Horns are often difficult to photograph well. (So are longarms, but that's due it's own thread). Are there some tips or techniques to photographing horns and other round or cylindrical objects? I need to take pics of some beer steins with muzzleloader scenes, and the artwork pretty well encircles the stein, just like the art on horns, although usually on a different axis.

I've had this horn in my hands, seen every inch of it, watched it fly threw the air. This is one of if not the NICEST horns i have seen! great job Gus! :bow:

Back