• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

beaver recipe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoked,
that is a very comprehensive list of
recipes.
thanks for sharing it
snake-eyes :peace: :thumbsup: :)

I did the #2 beaver recipe,and it wasn't too bad,real tender and tasty,but too sweet. I am going to try some of the others soon,now if I could just get an Armadillo!!! :redthumb:

Albert...Catching an armadillo is pretty easy....just lay down beside a busy road and make a noise like a Lone Star bottle :: :results:

Snake-Eyes:

You are welcome. I just stumbled across them doing a search for beaver recipes for Albert. Lots of them do sound good.

Albert:

Too bad it was too sweet. If you ever try it again, you might want to only add a small portion of the sugar it calls for.

I have eaten muskrat, bear, venison, elk, moose, goat, rabbit, squirrel, pheasant, duck, grouse, woodcock and who knows what else when I was overseas! Can you tell me what the texture and taste of muskrat may be similar too.

I am also curious about what else you had to eat at that dinner. Anything remarkable?

I am guesing that you meant beaver,to me the texture was finer that roast beef,and the taste was like beef.There was so much food,that I couldn't try it all,but I made sure that I got some frog leggs,deer meatballs,wild turkey,and some a couple of things that I wasn't too sure about,but was real good. Again I thank you for sharing the info. :redthumb:

......snip.................
I have eaten muskrat, bear, venison, elk, moose, goat, rabbit, squirrel, pheasant, duck, grouse, woodcock and who knows what else ......snip.......

Well Smoked, Guess there ain't nobody who can say you're a picky eater. Suspect I can say pretty much the same thing.

But, it's that "who knows what else" that we've both ate that makes me stop and wonder why we did that.

Oh well, you'll never know fer certain, 'till ya bite into it, I reckon. :crackup:

Russ

RussB

I noticed a remarkable absense of dogs and cats in some of the areas I was in. But the BBQ on a stick was pretty good! Ya did taste it for about 3 dyas though! :crackup:

Albert
We use to cook a beaver every spring I had trapped during trapping season. One thing that I noticed is everyone of them tasted sweet and we never used sugar in the cooking of them. I would have to say they are naturally sweet in taste and most people who ate it liked it but said the same thing.... they taste sweet.

Woody

Back