• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Barrels by Rayl, Getz, or Colerain

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getz signed his “Getz Beaverton PA. Cal and twist”.
Don Getz passed a number of years ago, son tried to make a go of it.
I have no experience with the others.
Rice Barrels mark theirs similar to Getz with the important info, and when made for Chambers, adds the model for parts set, ie Fowler, Virginia, etc.

Just built a 40cal (the avatar) has a colerain barrel with radius bottom rifling and it's a shooter. Got it from Log Cabin and they do have ID on the bottom of barrel.

Last edited:
I have a rifle with an Ed Rayl barrel and his name is stamped on an upper flat of the barrel. It’s an accurate rifle for sure!

IMG_1505.jpeg

Colerain is still in business. Great barrels. Rayl I dont know about. I have tried to get a barrel from him an have never been able to get him by phone. Getz is run by John an I hear you can only get a barrel from him if your lucky. Ive got an really like Burton barrels but im told he would rather ride his harley than make barrels. Im just glad I got mine yrs ago. Rice is excellent an cranking out barrels pretty well on time. Bobby Hoyt makes darn fine barrels. He is cranking them out pretty good an gets them out on time. I have 3 Hoyts an all were on time delivery. Thats about all i can tell you. Hope it helps

Back