• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Barrel prices!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just ordered a .54 Cal, 15/16" x 42" barrel from Pecatonica. Used to be $160.00. Now they are $175.00! DGW wants $189.00. TOTW is out of stock. I figured I'd order the barrel now. It seems that this particular cal. In 15/16" x 42" is in high demand.

GM is out of ML barrel business. Any you see around are old stock. They were the bargain barrel. Numrich used to sell cheap barrels, but they were not worth using. So today you need to buy from one of the few remaining custom makers. When they are gone we will be in real trouble.

ML shooting and gunsmithing is a dying hobby. The old guys who have the skills and interest are fading away. Younger people are not interested. The covid response is killing small business of all kinds. Expect all parts choices to dwindle.

Track has not had complete parts sets for some time.

GM is out of ML barrel business. Any you see around are old stock. They were the bargain barrel. Numrich used to sell cheap barrels, but they were not worth using. So today you need to buy from one of the few remaining custom makers. When they are gone we will be in real trouble.

ML shooting and gunsmithing is a dying hobby. The old guys who have the skills and interest are fading away. Younger people are not interested. The covid response is killing small business of all kinds. Expect all parts choices to dwindle.

No, they are not out of the muzzleloader business, according to their website. But they have cut back on the ML barrel production as they are are making barrels for modern smokeless powder firearms. This change began a number of years ago as I remember. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

They had more ML rifle barrels out of stock last time I checked.

I contacted them recently and they will make no more ML pistol barrels.

They have edited their diversity of offerings lately. They appear to be catering to large orders and not individuals.

They still advertise them on their website and that's whose making them for Kibler.

Green Mountain sends rifled round blanks to Kibler and he profiles them on his CNC machine. The GM website only lists straight-sided barrels in the usual sizes at about $200 per copy. For another $70 you can have a swamped barrel.

Last edited:

Not to be impolite, but you are full of it.

COVID has caused muzzleloading interest to jump through the roof, as folks have more time on their hands.

All the makers are jumping through their butts to keep up with demand.

The world isn't ending.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its all relevant, I used to tune up my 65 willys pickup for $25. Plugs points cap oil filter, oil, and a carb kit thrown in..ah the good ole days....
Used to? Does that imply you no longer have the pickup?

There is absolutely nothing preventing you from reaquiring a points ignition vehicle today.

Unless, of course, the "good ole days" weren't really that good and you actually prefer modern vehicles.

BTW, I still drive older vehicles (1975 and 1967) and don't really think the "good ole days" were all that great. There is a cost to embracing the past. Comfort, convenience and capability being three good reasons that all happen to start with the letter "c".

Used to? Does that imply you no longer have the pickup?

There is absolutely nothing preventing you from reaquiring a points ignition vehicle today.

Unless, of course, the "good ole days" weren't really that good and you actually prefer modern vehicles.

BTW, I still drive older vehicles (1975 and 1967) and don't really think the "good ole days" were all that great. There is a cost to embracing the past. Comfort, convenience and capability being three good reasons that all happen to start with the letter "c".
Where are you going with this? Sussex was merely talking about rising costs in general. Semantics . . . Ugh.

Back