• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bag went to hell

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My opinion here, use the good thread used for fixing shoes etc is the best option. If you use artificial sinew separate it down to the same thread thickness as the bag was originally sewed with. Leather lacing, you will have to punch different holes and it will never look right, ten years from now you will wish you took the time and fixed it back to like it was.

It won't be that difficult to fix and a guy can learn some about leather work in the process. Turn the bag inside out and you'll see how easy it would be. If you were to pick up a hand stitcher and a few small tools, you could easily fix it or completely build yourself another bag with it.

Not sure how you intend on sewing in externally...it would be doable but from what I see you will have to tear out some more stitches to make it look right.
You should be able to turn it inside out, unless it's real brittle?
Also I might add, dont store the straight starter 'point down' any more, that will always lead to disaster even with a heavy canvas bag!
I dont like a lot of stuff hanging off my bag and straps either, I put my starter Handle Down.

Back