• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bag Project / Hawk Sheath

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Added knife sheaths to the bags I made and made a Hawk sheath also.
bag007.jpg
bag008.jpg

I am puzzled at your hawk design. Does the handle hang down? The angle of that handle dangle must be awkward. Try turning it handle up and secure it with a simple friction fit loop to the strap. This is not sewn to the carrying strap, but rather slides up or down to secure or release the handle as desired. The angle is thereby adjustable and can be quite comfortable. The angle of strap attachment also has an effect on comfort and use. You might experiment with canvas for the first one. I had cheap leather for the practice model.

HawkCarriage4.jpg
[/img]
HawkCarriage2.jpg
[/img]
HawkCarriage.jpg
[/img]

Just a thought that I saw from a drawing of period French equipment:
LaPorterieHavresac.jpg
[/img]

Not sure, but I may have even seen it on the MLF at some point in the past.

I hope some of this is helpful,
CS

Looking good. Looks like it ought to work!
What kind of hawk is that? I don't think I ever seen a head like that one! Any close up pics of it?

Yes the handle hangs down.
I like yours much better.
Ill try one of those designs where the handle goes up.
Looks very nice.
Thanks for the info.

That is an earlier French hawk. I show one in the third picture of my earlier post.

It throws very well, but is not really correct for most of our activities.

CS

Back