• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

bag ledal for casting bullets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudd turtle

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a 54 cal flinter that I need a bag ladel to cast bullets in the field for. Can someone tell me where to look. thanks mudd turtle

I think there's a nice one at smiling fox forge.

Small one with a pointed handle to put in a stick.

Been thinkin' about picking up one or two...

Legion

Not being home where I can check I believe that I got mine from Rapine. Its the type you just add a handle and go to it.

Thanks for the reply. The ladel you are talking about is a nice one but it isn't what I am looking for. reguards mudd turtle

Mudd Turtle - There is a guy in the High Point area (or close) that used to hand forge really nice little bag ladles... and of course I can't remember his name! Any of our other NC folks know whom I'm talking about?

M

I got one from Smiling Fox Forge and it was on the big side for a bag ladle. If you can find a folding one that will be a little smaller, it will fit your bag better. I found one at a rondy last spring.

The ladel I am looking for is a small ladel that has a pointed area on the handle part that can be put into a hard wood handle. It is small and you can melt round kinda flat lead disks that you can carry in your possibles bag. Thanks to every one who replied to my post and trito help. When I see it I will know thats the one I have been looking for. Mudd Turtle.

The ladel I am looking for is a small ladel that has a pointed area on the handle part that can be put into a hard wood handle. It is small and you can melt round kinda flat lead disks that you can carry in your possibles bag. Thanks to every one who replied to my post and trito help. When I see it I will know thats the one I have been looking for. Mudd Turtle.

Back