• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Army of Tennessee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derrick Pugh

36 Cal.
Reaction score
rebel63.jpg

I am in the 51st Alabama Infantry, this is my impression of a Confederate soldier.
chickamauga63.jpg

Very impressive, nice looking set up you have there, I always like the butternut colors...

Thanks, I put a lot of thought and research into the Impression, I want to get it right.
Yellowhammer :v

It's nice, but... :hmm:

Too clean, too new lookin!

Roll around in the muck with it, that what I used to do, and I wouldn't clean the soils out of my pants, coat or haversack (well, unless I "soiled" my pants... :winking: )after an event.

Cheers,

DT

Really great!
Now....just change the photo to black-and-white and you would pass for an actual soldier from the time.

powderburner said:
Really great!
Now....just change the photo to black-and-white and you would pass for an actual soldier from the time.

Per your request...

yellowhammer.gif

You are right it needs a little dirt, my haversack almost will blind you it's so white. :grin:
Yellowhammer

Hey yellowhammer, I like to mess around with photos a bit so I thought I would see what I could do with yours. This is what I came up with.
chickamauga63-a.gif

A gift from a yank LOL

RJ

Ok you photoshop "geeks". IMO what needs to happen to make this "tintype" shine is photo shop out the floor mat on his right side (our left) and use the watercolor filter (or it's ilk) on the background to make it look like a painted backdrop.

Then it would kick @ss in my book.

Cheers,

DT

P.S I need to post a photo on my "white" haversack to show how dirty they can look after 20 years... :winking:

D.T. my haversack now has a dirt patina :grin: if you hit it a dust cloud emerges from the "miles" of dusty marching.
Yellowhammer

Back