• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

are there .58 pistols?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cetme

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Are there any non military .58 pistols out there?
Got my first front loader and want a pistol to go with it.

Back in the day there was a Hawkin pistol in .58, but I don't think many sold in that caliber and I don't recall the manufacturer. You may come across a used one with enough searching.

In my opinion the problem here is that you excluded "military" pistols.

If you want a Kentucky or even a plains pistol in a .58 caliber I think it will probably be a custom made one and it won't be inexpensive.

What type of rifle did you buy? Depending on the time period it fits into, a military pistol would make a fine companion for it. Otherwise a used pistol or a custom is your best bet. Nothing wrong with that option at all! :thumbsup:

North Star West has a trade pistol that is available in 24 gage which is .579 inches.
Bruce

I would like to build a 12 gauge double barrel pistol. The howda pistols of old had some pretty big bores, from what I have read on them. The guys I work with think I'm nuts when I start to talk about it, but I know once they see it, they will want one too.

So I'm at a friends house today, and his wife mentions she has an older Dixie Gun Works catalog. I asked to look at it, curious about how much priceing has gone up. In thier 1993 catalog they listed a .58 cal Harpers Ferry pistol.

Old rifle barrels in .58 Cal. most likely will be 1-66". A short pistol barrel would need to be some where around 1-18". :thumbsup:

Back