• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Are the hunter safety classes the same all over?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may be exempt in Alabama but if you should some day wish to hunt another state they may have different requirments that you must meet.
armakiller said:
Just checked the Alabama website. If your born after Aug. 1, 1977 you have to take a safety course. Either a 10 hour classroom class followed by a written test OR a CD-ROM course followed by a field day, includes basic safety ( how to cross fences and stuff) plus how to load and unload various weapons. Its FREE for folks 10 years and older. Since I was born in 1961 I am exempt. Learned all about how to handle and be safe with guns from my dad when I was around 10 by shooting my dads .22 auto. My first gun was a .410 H&R full choke single shot on my 12th birthday. BTW I still have it.

I agree.. the online classroom, when it comes to H.S., should not be allowed. As an instructor I have two options for my courses I teach, one is an online study course.. where the students study online, then refer to me to take the test. The second option is the traditional H.S. class..I choose the second option, I believe the students get more out of the material in a classroom setting. It also allows me to help different students on a one on one basis. A good instructor can read a student and tell what areas he/she may be struggling in.. a computer can't.
Just my 2 cents

Talked to someone today and found out that the classroom course is free and includes the field part. Best part is there is one close to where I live so I'm going to go do that. Makes more sense than a 90 mile round trip in December just for a field course. Just annoying the web site didn't point all this out before hand. Would have saved me 19.50. Oh well. Sure it will be far more interesting with the instructor I was told about.

Back