• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone use EEZOX Cleaning/Lubricant Product ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tenring

45 Cal.
Reaction score
A buddy of mine Yes I guess I do have some friends LOL but anyway he was telling me about eezox that he uses on his BP Pistols and after it flashes off it leaves behind. Micro invisible film that protects all metals and it makes it super easy to clean your firearms when it’s time, checked out there web site and it really isn’t all that pricey considering how much other cleaning products are now days and the benefit is you can literally just wipe off carbon he was saying. They come in different sizes and I was going to buy two 8oz. Bottles for 23.00 or 24.00 dollars to the door, I am sure a lot of you guys either use it or have heard about it. Just wandering if you like it or not.

This is good to know I new someone hear had experience with it. I am going to order some on Monday and give it a try. Thanks for the info…

I buy it by the quart. I use it on the modern stuff and my reloading equipment as well as some tools. It is a good rust preventative but not a great lubricant.
I have been using it for years it is a great rust preventer but not designed for lubrication.
I do think a bit pricey , but absolutly does work as stated.

Buzz

There are products used to protect the bore that do not cause problems. Some have great success with non-petroleum natural products, others swear by the dry film products like Barricade or Eezox. The important thing is not to have grease or oil residue in the breech or fire channel before you load the gun.

I prefer Eezox (in my opinion it seems to be a better lubricant once it has dried to a protective film) but have found it or Barricade to work well as a rust preventative. Clean your gun’s bore and then use what you have for corrosion protection.

It does sound like it will work well looking forward to using it, and as stated it’s not just for firearms.

I have been using Remoil as a water displacer for years so switching gears with EEZOX is great to know it does the same and no doubt better.

I have been using it for some time now. I bought a few cans of it from the owner's store in CA on one of my company trips. I use it as a rust preventive and moisture barrier only. I lube with other oils or greases that are intended to be use as lubricants.

For about 50 years I've been using a product on muzzle loaders and modern guns from Amzoil called Metal Protector (MP). I grew up in Superior, Wisconsin where it was made, I've met Mr. Amatuzio the company owner (I'm sure he's gone). It's a synthetic lubricant and rust preventative. They used to have a website which showed all it's virtues. My gunsmith at the time performed all sorts of tests, spaying raw steel then suspending parts over salt water and even dipping them in salt water. No rust. It doesn't leave a waxy film like WD40. It dries to a clean pleasant looking film on blued surfaces. It doesn't attract trash like WD40.
It displaces water. I hit a big puddle with my 63 Chevy Impala in the 70's. I opened the hood and the plug wires were lit up like a X-mass tree. Spayed it down with MP solved the problem, got home and I got new wires.
It also flashes out nipples and barrels cleanly. No ignition problems ever. I buy the spray cans by the case and bulk by the gallon. I treat all my firearms with this. I've given away numerous cans to friends and they all love it. I've bought MP in N Alabama in the last 4 years.
Also, it's great if you hunt in below zero weather. No gummed up firing pins. It's not total magic, you need to reapply it as needed.
I hope this helps somebody out.

SJVK

Question? , when this product is applied and let to dry from what you fellas are saying it is not a lube but a barrier, so when I go to apply my oil of choice will it wipe away the EEZOX barrier coating….

I have been using Remoil as a water displacer for years so switching gears with EEZOX is great to know it does the same and no doubt better.
What I did befor using eezoc was to read several salt water test articles. I believe one was an millitary suitability test , and it was an eye opener.
The most universal solvent is H2o , plain water , people that restore old hit miss engines use water not diesel kerosene or other petroleum stuff , water has a greater specific gravity and will find its way into the smallest area. so to displace water takes a producy with a greater SG. Anything that floats on water will not prevent rust if not given care and reapplication.

B. Vanderhoof

I wasn’t saying IT would I was asking IF IT would. But this is the answer I was looking for, no sense in putting something on when another product is going to wipe it off. Can’t wait to use it.

Latest posts

Back