• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone have these .36 cal. guns and

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbowling

36 Cal.
Reaction score
if so you you please give me a mini review as far as accuracy and quality of the gun. Thanks, Dean--
  • 1.CVA BOBCAT SQUIRREL .36 2.TRADITIONS SHANONDOAH.36 3. MOWERY .36 4. MULE EAR .36 5.CROCKETT .36

I have the CVA in .36. Got my best groups with 40grains of 777 and .010 patch. Gave up on the primative sights after fussin with em and put a scope on it(I know, sacrelig). Haven't gotten out to sight it in yet but will get to it before squirrel season. I've always found CVA's very accurate but sometimes the locks need filing and tuning to be reliable. Sometimes they come out of the box just fine.

Don

I have one of the Traditions Crocketts in 32 cal. and it shoots 1/2 inch at 25 yards with 25 grains of Pyro P and a patched .311 inch ball. I also have two T/C Senacas in 36 cal. but have never shot them. Just enjoy looking at them.

Oscar/NC

From what I've read on this and other boards all those mentioned are good rifles. I have a Mowery in cal. 36 and have owned it close to 10 years, certainly 8. I like the rifle a lot. At squirrel hunting ranges, out to 35 yards, it is a one hole shooter with 20 grs. of Fffg. and patched RB, off a bench, of course. The drop at the wrist took some getting used to for me as it's considerably more than most rifles. The wood on my rifle is quite nice. I like the sights they used on my particular rifle as my "getting older" eyes can still see them quite well. The trigger was pretty good from the factory but exhibited too much creep for my tastes. There is an engagement screw on the tumbler and a little adjustment cured that little hang up. I also epoxied the screw in that position to prevent it changing. Of all those you mentioned I'd give the Mowery the highest marks.

Vic

Thanks for all the input guys.May give them all a try eventually, got the Hopkins and Allen Heritage .36 now and it seems like its going to be super accurate..Dean

Back