• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any online powder dealers with free hazmat?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Powder Valley has free shipping over $199. They ran a "no hazmat fee" over $99 about a month ago.

Just keep checking here, when one of them does someone here will let everyone know. I’ve seen free shipping and or free hazmat alerts posted here several times this year.

Hazmat labeling during transportation is required by law. The charge for Hazmat is determined by the individual shipping company. The shipper can charge whatever fee they want or none at all. As long as it's labeled Hazmat, it's legal. That's why the cost varies from one vendor to another. Back Creek doesn't charge hazmat and refuses to pay the shipper for Hazmat.

Hazmat labeling during transportation is required by law. The charge for Hazmat is determined by the individual shipping company. The shipper can charge whatever fee they want or none at all. As long as it's labeled Hazmat, it's legal. That's why the cost varies from one vendor to another. Back Creek doesn't charge hazmat and refuses to pay the shipper for Hazmat.
I had no idea about that. A very good to know industry secret hack. Thanks for sharing!

If any business offers "Free Hazmat" shipping, you know ahead of time, they've got their prices jacked up enough to cover ANYTHING that is free.
No such thing as a free lunch, unless you're eating at Grandma's house. ;)
And no business I know of is a Non Prophit. They're in it to make $$$ so buy accordingly. :)

Last edited:
If anyone knows of an online retailer that is offering free hazmat at this time and sells blackpowder, please let me know below....thanks guys
You really should make the acquaintance of a N-SSA member. We purchase powder from Back Creek while we're at Nationals and as a result, no shipping or hazmat. And no, we don't buy just a pound or two at the time. It's usually by the case.

PM me, I'm in NC

None of that fee goes to the government?

You really should make the acquaintance of a N-SSA member. We purchase powder from Back Creek while we're at Nationals and as a result, no shipping or hazmat. And no, we don't buy just a pound or two at the time. It's usually by the case.

PM me, I'm in NC
What is nssa

PM me, I'm in NC
Nssa like skeet shooting? You guys using muzzleloading shotguns for that?

What is nssa
Nssa like skeet shooting? You guys using muzzleloading shotguns for that?
N-SSA- NORTH SOUTH SKIRMISH ASSOCIATION

Probably the largest organization dedicated to the live fire of Civil War arms in the world. And yes, we burn quite a bit of powder.

I find them all the time but you have to be pro active and catch them on time. Natchez runs free hazmat promos all the time usually for a couple of days.
Sometimes even factoring in hazmat and shipping fees an order can be cheaper than buying the same items at a local shop. For example, not long ago I bought 5 pounds of Schuetzen with free shipping from Graf at $18.99 a container while the local shop in my area charges $39 for just one. That’s $100 savings right there.

Latest posts

Back