• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any info on a G.R. Douglas hawken?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Boylan

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I found a G R Douglas full stock Hawken rifle for sale. It's a .32 cal rifle and is priced around the $400 mark.

IS this a good make and model and is it worth that price?

no, terrible deal, just forget it and dont go back there again. By the way where is it? (just wanna worn others to stay away ya know).

:blah: :rotf:

In good shape sounds like a "must have". HURRY

I agree, Douglas is the barrel maker, not the maker of the rifle. Impossible to say what the rifle is worth, depends on the workmanship and quality of the other parts.

Seems an odd description. A .32 full stock Hawken? I've never seen one with that small a bore.

A Douglas barrel can be very good, but the gun may have quite a few shots through it as those barrels were made a while ago. Be sure to check the bore.

The gun will be worth what it is worth to you. If it has a good lock, barrel and triggers, you've got a good shooting rifle for $400. Can't buy the parts for that.

Agreed. All in all that's a good price but I suspect it will rise.

Plainly this is a Douglas barrel used by an unknown gun maker. Douglas barrels have/had a great reputation for accuracy. I have one and can vouch for that. .32 is a mighty small caliber for a Hawken, if that is what it is. A lot of folks don't know a Hawken from a barn door and your seller may be one of those. The price is certainly very low. Send photos.

Well, the gun is on Gunbroker and I think I may pass on this one. I asked the seller the condition of the bore and he just replied "good". It's missing a ramrod. But it looks like a Kentucky not a Hawken.

I'm sure it will rise in price too. I've got a gun show coming up this weekend and I'll be scouting out a good rifle there when I go. Feel free to snatch this gun off of Gunbroker if you like it.

OK, I found it, workmanship is very amateurish, not worth it I would say. Look for "Hawkins", you should find it.

I just do a search for "flintlock rifle" and it is how I found it. It's got 7 hours left of the auction. There are 3 other rifles that I am interested on there. I think I'll pass on this particular one. Thanks for all the info.

Found it, had sen it before. I would bid if I had any moolah but thats my life these days. I think its nice enough and like the style and caliber. OH :idunno: WELL

It appears to have the tumbler screw missing. There is a hole in the lockplate where the tumbler screw should be. $400 is a stretch for that rifle.

Al I see is a butchered stock with a barrel lashed to it. $495???? Riiiiight.

30% restocking fee. Bases on appearances the bore is probably rusty.

The stock is junk, IMHO.

I might give $150 for the barrel, plug and tang if and only if I could inspect and the seller covered shipping back and no restocking fees.

A 45 cal hawken? too small for a real hawkin.

It looks like the seller is ignorant or a scam artist. Since it is a gunshop.....

Back