• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Newbie Mainer checkin in...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Afternoon ,,,,newbie here. Been deer hunting ,somewhat unsuccessfully, with a Wilson Chief's trade gun for the past 3 years but wouldn't have it any other way. When it rains I go Mil surp or handgun hunting, nice weather out comes the trade gun. Not the gun's fault :wink: have had a lot more luck duck hunting with a 12 guage New Englander in percussion and I love to target with my 1858 New Army and a brace of trapper .50 flint lock pistols. I would love to learn a lot more about a swamped barrelled rifled flint to add the collection and get more into rolling my own round balls and minnie's. I've done about 10 years as a Boy scout leader who had a great time sponcering a Mountain Man Camporee, the boys loved tomahawk throwing, flint and bow fire starting and dutch oven cooking. Just wish Maine had a true Primative deer season. anyways hope to learn more of this wonderful craft.

Glad you found the forum and a warm welcome to you. Sounds like you have a very good start to muzzleloading. Check some of the forums and go back a few pages to get more info.

Howdy Jim. Sounds like you have a lot of fascinating interests! Welcome aboard. :hatsoff:

Jim,
Welcome to the MLF. Thanks for the work you
do with the kids and the BSA.Hope you will
visit often and contribute when you can.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Welcome mat's out to another Maniac -- the more the merrier :wink: (best bud in the Army was from Portland). :hatsoff:

Welcome Aboard AKJim !!!

:hatsoff:

Glad to have another Mainiac on the board. You live in an incredibly beautiful state. God willing We will someday move to the Houlton Area.

Again welcome Jim...

Marc

Thanks guys.....I'm looking forward to hanging out. Already got a great lesson in pistols from one of the members.
Jim

Back