• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another hello from southern Indiana

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcer0067

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all,
As a kid watching danniel boone I always wanted a kentuky style flinter. So when i started using bp all those yrs ago for deer it has been hawken style caps. Duh.
Well the bug finally got the best of me so i bought a cabela's blue ridge .32 cal. Why did i wait so long to get a flinter? Of all the guns i have owned and shot this flinter is the most fun i have ever had. So much so that 2 weeks later i ordered a Pedersoli kentuky .50 cal flinter. It arrived a few days ago and been unable to shot it yet. Can u say torture. :grin:

J Williams, You wouldnt be a fellow Rc addict also would u? I know a man by the same that i have flown with. Great pilot. :)
Btw, thats my other addiction, Big model airplanes

Thnx all and look forward to some great reading

Eric

Eric,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have you
onboard.Hope you will visit often and
contribute when you can.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

J Williams, You wouldnt be a fellow Rc addict also would u? I know a man by the same that i have flown with. Great pilot. :)
Btw, thats my other addiction, Big model airplanes

No, Eric, I've managed to avoid the RC planes. I flew real ones (Cessna 172) for awhile but the money required to play finally put me out of that game. What part of southern Indiana are you in?

My very first flintlock was a .45 caliber Blue Ridge and I remember it fondly. The lower third of the bore was rusted almost smooth when I got it, but I still enjoyed learning the basics of flintlock shooting with it. I could keep most of my shots on a five-gallon bucket @ 25 yards. :rotf:

Howdy Eric! Welcome aboard. :hatsoff:

Flinters are definately their own addiction. I got into flint a few years back and I'm definately addicted too.

I used to fly RC helicopters, though offroaders was my main passion.

Thanks all.

J Williams, North vernon to be exact :)
I have a 6x10 trailer full of planes but till the wife gets out of school and back to work not gonna risk 1500 each hitting the ground :-(
(30% scale)
With my guns I dont have to worry about a battery failure breaking them....lol

Now to get the 50 cal sighted. hoping to make the local shoot this weekend.

Thanks again all
Eric

North Vernon isn't that far away from here.

I shoot with a couple of other guys (one a coupla years older than me, the other in his mid-twenties from who we just took his "Hawken" and converted to flint) and we're looking at putting together a small trek at Henryville some weekend in April or May. Get in touch if you think you might be interested in coming along.

Are there organized shoots up your way?

Latest posts

Back