• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Hello From P.A.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daschnoz

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm so new to muzzle loading that I don't even have a rifle yet. :redface:

I grew up in my grandfather's machine shop, so I'm familiar with what it takes to turn a hunk of steel and a block of wood into something useful. There are a couple of guys at work that are making PA Long Rifles from scratch, but I don't have that amount of free time, so I figured I would take the express lane by buying a DIY kit. I have the 50cal Hawken flint kit on order (back order) from Cabelas. I plan (subject to change without notice) to have it ready for the early ML season here in PA.

It would seem (by reading some of the threads here at least) that this is a totally different animal than "modern" shooting/reloading.

This is going to be a fun trip!

daschnoz said:
Hello everyone. I'm so new to muzzle loading that I don't even have a rifle yet. :redface:

I grew up in my grandfather's machine shop, so I'm familiar with what it takes to turn a hunk of steel and a block of wood into something useful. There are a couple of guys at work that are making PA Long Rifles from scratch, but I don't have that amount of free time, so I figured I would take the express lane by buying a DIY kit. I have the 50cal Hawken flint kit on order (back order) from Cabelas. I plan (subject to change without notice) to have it ready for the early ML season here in PA.

It would seem (by reading some of the threads here at least) that this is a totally different animal than "modern" shooting/reloading.

This is going to be a fun trip!
yes it is and yes it is very fun

Hi Bobby, and welcome to the forum. Just settle back, read a bunch of the archives and make your arms choices. Then as you said, the fun begins!

welcome. glad to hear from another from Pa. keep watching these forums. They are ful of information but be warned they are addicting. On here just about every night. :thumbsup:

Back