• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Gonne added...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Another Gonne added to my collection.
zeph1.jpg

This is based on an original one that showed up on Ebay some time back.
zeph2.jpg
zeph3.jpg

cp.gif

Nice work :thumbsup: did you make it yourself?What are the dimensions-barrel,bore,caliber and overall length?Also is there a powder chamber?

How was the photo of the original gonne listed in Evil Bay? Your piece resembles the original pretty well. Good job. If you don't mind me asking, how many gonnes do you have in your collection? Bookie

This piece was turned by a gentleman in New York, I'm not sure if he has an account here. I wish that I could say that I did it myself. Though I have the skill and the experience, currently, I don't have the equipment or access to the same. :( :redface: It is a .50 caliber with an overall length of 12", the original was .59, with a 11.81" length.

More photos of the original, complete with a link to the seller, can be seen on my handgonne website, see my profile for the address. Click on ORIGINAL HANDGONNES FROM AROUND THE WORLD, it is listed as EUROPEAN MEDIEVAL HANDGONNE #2

As for Ebay, I have a multitude of favorite searches hoping to net photos of original pieces, since the price tags of many of these pieces far exceed any mad money I may have to spare at any given time. I, also, search Ebay's other sites internationally.

At this time, I have eight reproductions, calibers ranging from .38" to 1.5" in bore size. I, also, have a sheath of designs, inspired by original pieces, over an inch thick.

cp.gif

quote"..... bore size. I, also, have a sheath of designs, inspired by original pieces, over an inch thick."

ANy plans to publish a book or folio?

rayb

Actually I've been working on a book, and its a project that keeps growing in scope. It will be more than just a historical reference. I will probably have an appendix with some of those designs. I may even do a companion sketch book.

Claypipe said:
Actually I've been working on a book, and its a project that keeps growing in scope. It will be more than just a historical reference. I will probably have an appendix with some of those designs. I may even do a companion sketch book.

That would something to have, when you finish it put,me down for one.

I am the one responsible for the creation of the gonne. I’m glad you are happy with it Claypipe. I’m usually over at Graybeard’s but check over here quite often. I need to see what escapades Squire Robin is up too and to see what’s new.

Here is a copy of the drawings. It’s not a bad design. I think I’ll build one from bronze for my self at some point.
Handgonne

Thanks for posting your gonne design drawing and welcome to the forum :applause: !

Hey CU, great to SEE YOU here! Bad pun, I know. :shake: Just couldn't resist! :redface: I bought a nice piece of poplar for a tiller. Just have to get the time to fit it to the Zephyr. And then there's the Kracken, that Powder Keg turned for me, I have to shape and fit a tiller to it. Yes, they all get names.

Oh, lest I forget, Lord Graywolf, Fred Miller at Handgonne Designs is turning out new pieces, in brass! Only took me two years of poking him with a sharp stick to do it. :haha:

merc2.jpg

grin.gif

CP

Back