• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another CVA mountain rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Driving over to Berryville , Arkansas to the state muzzleloader shoot I stopped at a little gun shop and picked up another mountain rifle for $120 . Glad I stopped 😎

Attachments

• IMG_7256.jpeg
    IMG_7256.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7257.jpeg
    IMG_7257.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
In 1977 my BIL and I both bought Mountain rifle kits. He was a talented artist type guy that could paint and carve wood, nearly 10 years my senior. I was a 20 year old diesel mechanic that had never done more than drive a nail in wood. We built them in his basement, and it was all he could do to keep me slowed down enough to do a decent job on it. He sold his gun a couple years later and I still have mine. That gun has killed more Whitetails than all my modern guns put together, and several Coyotes. I just seemed to love hunting with it when he and I hunted together, to rub it in on him because he sold his. Over the years he has collected several
custom guns built by the likes of Herschel and Frank House, Ron Ehlert, Allen Sandy, and Mike Miller. But he don't have a CVA Mountain rifle. Good find, great price!

That is the second mountain rifle I've bought this year . Found the 1st one in a little pawnshop in Foley, Alabama while there for the winter . Both 50 caliber rifles .

Back