• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Cherry Colonial

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eras Gone

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I'm very pleased with results on my new Kibler Colonial with a cherry stock. I built several rifles and fowlers years ago with pre-shaped stocks, where I had to inlet everything except the barrel. Now I'm spoiled that I didn't have to do any inletting to put this rifle together. This is also my first cherry wood gun. I didn't use any stain, just four coats of Tried & True Original Oil Finish. I'm hoping that it will continue to darken with age. I fire blued the lock, screw heads and trigger. The barrel was done with Birchwood Casey PermaBlue jell. I know it will rub off and turn brown with time and handling, but I'm OK with that. I'm no carver, but I did add just a few simple lines on the butt and patchbox cover.

Attachments

• IMG_7471.jpeg
    IMG_7471.jpeg
    863.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7469.jpeg
    IMG_7469.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7470.jpeg
    IMG_7470.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7472.jpeg
    IMG_7472.jpeg
    989.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7473.jpeg
    IMG_7473.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7474.jpeg
    IMG_7474.jpeg
    571.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7475.jpeg
    IMG_7475.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7476.jpeg
    IMG_7476.jpeg
    705.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7479.jpeg
    IMG_7479.jpeg
    761.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7486.jpeg
    IMG_7486.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I'm very pleased with results on my new Kibler Colonial with a cherry stock. I built several rifles and fowlers years ago with pre-shaped stocks, where I had to inlet everything except the barrel. Now I'm spoiled that I didn't have to do any inletting to put this rifle together. This is also my first cherry wood gun. I didn't use any stain, just four coats of Tried & True Original Oil Finish. I'm hoping that it will continue to darken with age. I fire blued the lock, screw heads and trigger. The barrel was done with Birchwood Casey PermaBlue jell. I know it will rub off and turn brown with time and handling, but I'm OK with that. I'm no carver, but I did add just a few simple lines on the butt and patchbox cover.
That is clean work.

Latest posts

Back